BETHEBOSS: HOW CAN LOCATION AWARE APPS HELP YOUR BUSINESS?
Technology is constantly moving and it is important to keep your business moving with it.
Location aware apps are used to deliver content to users based on their physical location and enable a business to interact with highly targeted customers.
For instance if you are a single restaurant in a local area, you may decide to use mobile apps to send people in the area coupons to encourage them to visit your restaurant.
Ads can follow people so that depending on where they are located, a suitable ad can appear on their phone, in their browser or as a text message
-An example that most people will be able to relate to is when your mobile network texts you when you arrive in a foreign country to tell you your using a new network.
BE A PRO AT CUSTOMER TARGETING WITH LOCATION AWARE APPS
The location awareness abilities of mobile applications aren’t exploited enough by businesses and marketers. The current generation of mobile users bring their devices everywhere with them, by adding location awareness to your businesses apps you provide yourself with opportunities for customer targeting.
Location app services include-
· Ads relevant to a users location
· Nearest cash machine notifications
· Parcel tracking and vehicle tracking
· Coupons based on a customers location
· Recommending near by social events
· Navigation to an address
STAY CLUED UP- THE ETHICS
Ethical issues involved with location aware apps are very similar to most other marketing ethics.
For instance ethical issues involves false promotion, prices, age/gender/rac issues.
The specific ethical issues that can be involved in location aware apps:
1. Privacy requirements involved with exploiting information gathered by mobile uses and misuse of the information
2. Apps broadcasting information onto mobile users social media without consent
3. Apps can collect and save all location data, personal data information etc- invasion of privacy, misuse issues